Key Selling Features
- General notes preface each section – including notes on condition.
- Essays, Die Proofs, Plate Proofs, Colour Trials, Imprimaturs Reprints, Specimen and Cancelled Overprints and Controls all listed and priced.
- Cancellations on line-engraved and Mulreadys listed and priced.
- Plate varieties listed and priced throughout
- Watermark varieties and errors priced.
- Details of ‘states’ on line-engraved.
- Notes on perforation trials.
- Guidance on ‘plating’ the line-engraved issues.
- Helpful indexes and checklists to guide the less experienced collector.
- Prices for stamps on cover and in blocks of four.
- Extensive bibliography.
- Prices carefully revised throughout to reflect the current market
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
Historical Introduction Mulready Letter Sheets and Envelopes
The Line-Engraved Issues
The Embossed Issues
The Surface-Printed Issues
Departmental Official Issues and Government Mail Postal Fiscal Stamps Post Office Telegraph Stamps
Mulready Advertisements Protective Overprints and Underprints ‘Specimen’ and ‘Cancelled’ overprints Postage Rates (1839-1900) Circular Delivery Companies College Stamps