Product not available
Key Selling Features
- General notes preface each section – including notes on condition.
- Essays, Die Proofs, Plate Proofs, Colour Trials, Imprimaturs Reprints, Specimen and Cancelled Overprints and Controls all listed and priced.
- Cancellations on line-engraved and Mulreadys
listed and priced.
- Plate varieties listed and priced throughout.
- Watermark varieties and errors priced.
- Details of ‘states’ on line-engraved.
- Notes on perforation trials.
- Guidance on ‘plating’ the line-engraved issues.
- Helpful indexes and checklists to guide the less experienced collector.
- Prices for stamps on cover and in blocks of four.
- Extensive bibliography.
- Prices carefully revised throughout to reflect the current market.
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
- Historical Introduction
- Mulready Letter Sheets and Envelopes
- The Line-Engraved Issues
- The Embossed Issues
- The Surface-Printed Issues
- Departmental Official Issues and Government Mail
- Postal Fiscal Stamps
- Post Office Telegraph Stamps
- Mulready Advertisements
- Protective Overprints and Underprints
- ‘Specimen’ and ‘Cancelled’ overprints
- Postage Rates (1839-1900)
- Circular Delivery Companies
- College Stamps