Key Selling Features
- New first edition of this popular collecting area.
- Updated design indexes for Israel, Jordan and Syria to aid the collector in identifying and cataloguing their collection.
- Specimen stamps now included.
- Machine Labels listings of Israel updated.
- Revised version of the International Philatelic Glossary in five languages (English, French, German, Spanish and Italian).
- Prices fully revised with advice from specialist dealers to reflect current market conditions.
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
The Stanley Gibbons Middle East Catalogue is the only catalogue published in English which covers all the stamp issues of the Middle East in a single volume.
It is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in the stamps of this area. Information is provided at the beginning of each country, covering history, early stamp issues and currency changes, this information is designed to aid the collector in identifying their stamps and also to provide an historical reference for the stamp listings.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing countries, the Stanley Gibbons Middle East Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest:
- Egyptian Occupation of Gaza
- Indian UN Force in Gaza
- Indian PO’s in Iraq
- British Occupation of Iraq
- French Occupation of Syria, Alaouites, Latakia, Rouad Island
- Free French Forces in the Levant
New issue listings have been updated:
- Iraq – listed to December 2017
- Israel – December 2017
- Jordan – December 2017
- Lebanon – December 2017
- Palestinian Authority – December 2017
- Syria – August 2017
Prices have been fully revised and new issues have been brought up to date.