Key Selling Features
- Revised version of the International Philatelic Glossary in five languages (English, French, German, Spanish and Italian).
- Prices revised.
- Updated Germany design index.
- Germany Flowers series revised and now using Y numbers to make adding additions easier.
- Specimen stamps now included.
- A helpful guide included to aid the collector in using the catalogue.
- Contact details are provided for societies with an interest in Germany.
- Major varieties including perforation, watermark and shade variations, overprint types and major errors are included.
- Booklets are listed and priced and notes are provided on Machine Labels.
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
The Stanley Gibbons Germany Catalogue is the only catalogue published in English which covers all the stamp issues of Germany in a single volume.
It is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specializes in any aspect of German stamps. Information is provided at the beginning of each country covering history, early stamp issues and currency changes. Modern Germany new issues updated to February 2018.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing country, the Stanley Gibbons Germany Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest, including:
- German States
- North German Confederation
- Alsace and Lorraine
- Germany, 1871--45
- Allied Occupation of Germany
- Berlin (Western Sectors)
- German Democratic Republic (East Germany)
- German Occupation Issues, 1914--18
- Upper Silesia
- German Occupation Issues, 1939--45
- German Occupation of the Channel Islands
- Caroline Islands
- German East Africa
- German New Guinea
- German Post Offices in China
- German Post Offices in Turkish Empire
- German South West Africa
- Mariana Islands
- Marshall Islands