Key Selling Features
- Prices have been thoroughly revised by leading experts in the field
- Revised version of the International Philatelic Glossary
- Specimen stamps for Bulgaria, Eastern Roumelia and Greece now included.
- SPECIMEN stamps are now listed and priced.
- A helpful guide included to aid the collector in using the catalogue
- Contact details are provided for societies
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
The Stanley Gibbons Southern Balkans Catalogue is the only catalogue published in English which covers all the stamp issues of the Southern Balkans in a single volume. It is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in the stamps of this area.
Information is provided at the beginning of each country, covering history, early stamp issues and currency changes, this information is designed to aid the collector in identifying their stamps and also to provide an historical reference for the stamp listings.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing countries, the Stanley Gibbons Southern Balkans Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest:
- Greek Occupation of Albania
- Saseno (Italian Occupation)
- Eastern Roumelia and South Bulgaria
- Balkan War Issues
- British Field Office in Salonica
- Italian Occupation of Corfu
- Italian Occupation of Corfu and Paxos
- Italian Occupation of Cephalonia and Ithaca
- Italian Occupation of the Ionian Islands
- German Occupation of Zante
- French Post Office on Crete
- Italian Post Office on Crete
- Dodecanese Islands
New issue listings updated as follows:
- Albania - to December 2018
- Bulgaria – December 2018
- Greece – December 2018
- Macedonia – December 2018