Product not available
Key Selling Features:
- The 2019 edition has been extensively updated with all prices reviewed and revised in line with the current market.
- Priced listings of definitives, commemoratives, regionals, postage dues, departmental officials, postal fiscals, first day covers, miniature sheets, booklets, specimens and post office ‘Smiler’ sheets.
- Priced listings of watermark varieties, major plate varieties, missing colours, phosphor, embossing and imperforate errors.
- Priced listings of Post Office Telegraph stamps, including watermark varieties, major errors and specimens.
- Priced listings for all booklet panes, including single value panes and those with inverted watermarks up to 1967.
- Commemorative design index included.
- A helpful table provides an easy reference guide to collectors of the popular source and date codes on the ‘U’ series Machins.
- Listings are complete from May 1840 to 31 March 2019.
- Helpful introductory notes.
- PHQ card and presentation pack listings include Royal Mail reference codes for easy identification.
- The Machin definitives are amalgamated in an easy-to-find separate section and fully updated. The highly collectable source and date codes are individually priced.
- Listings of popular Post & Go stamps are brought right up to date, with clear notes describing stamps from different machines and the Type IIIA stamps from Royal Mail Series II machines listed and priced. Separate tables give details of those only available at exhibitions and museums.
- Further improvements to the Machin and Post & Go sections make the 2019 Concise the perfect catalogue for the modern GB collector, as well as the more traditional philatelist.
Also new for 2019:
- The design index has been further revised, making it even more comprehensive and much easier to use.
- Listings for ‘Wilding’ booklet panes expanded to cover all single value panes as well as the previously listed se-tenant and advertisement panes.
- New improved images for all design types up to 1952 with colour die and multipositive type illustrations added for the first time.
- New comparative illustrations for the printing machine types of the 1961 POSB, 1964 Churchill and 1973 Royal Silver Wedding commemoratives
- Further notes throughout the catalogue give additional guidance to the collector.
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
- Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Stamp Catalogue lists and prices all British stamps from 1840 to 31 March 2019.
- Every different stamp design is illustrated in full colour.
- Listings include changes of watermark, perforation, shade and phosphor.
- First day covers, Royal Mail postage labels, Post Office (PHQ) Cards, presentation packs, booklets, postage dues, regionals, official stamps, postal fiscals, PO telegraph stamps and Post Office label sheets (Smilers) all listed and priced.
- Gutter Pairs and “Traffic light” Gutter Pairs listed and priced in mint sets.
- First Day Covers for Special Issues from 1924 and for King Edward VIII, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth definitives.
- Prestige Booklet panes included for Queen Elizabeth II.
- All British Post Office special First Day of Issue postmarks are priced on cover.
- Quick reference diagrams for listed Machin decimal booklet panes.
- Visible plate numbers listed for Victorian stamps including Telegraphs.
- Unmounted and mounted mint prices given for stamps issued between 1887 and 1935 and on-cover prices from 1840 to 1911.
- Major errors, including double or missing colours, imperforates, missing phosphors and embossing errors listed and priced.
- Helpful introductory section providing philatelic definitions and guidance for the collector.
- Comprehensive indexes of Machin definitives.
- Commemorative Design Index.
- Useful table of postage rates contemporary with NVIs.
- Inverted, reversed, sideways and major watermark errors are listed and priced. • Includes simplified listings of specimen overprints. Post Office Yearbooks and Year Packs.
- Post & Go stamps fully listed with helpful background information and comprehensive notes on the various machines, inscription types, date codes and errors provided my John M Deering.