Product not available
Key Selling Features
- Thousands of stamps throughout Stamps of the World have been re-priced both mint and used
- Approximately 2,500 new stamps and 825 images added
- Straightforward easy-to-use listings, ideal for collectors who do not require more specialist information, such as watermark, perforation or shade changes
- Illustrated in colour throughout
- Universally recognised Stanley Gibbons numbering system
- Contents and full indexing
- A full listing of stamps of the world, including definitives, commemoratives, miniature sheets, postage dues, official stamps and other special purpose postage stamps
- With clear colour illustrations and the design of each stamp accurately identified, this is the perfect catalogue for the thematic (topical) collector
- All volumes published simultaneously for your convenience
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
The Stamps of the World Simplified Catalogue lists commemoratives, definitives, air-mails, postage dues, official stamps and miniature sheets.
All stamps have the universally recognised and individual Stanley Gibbons (SG) catalogue number and are set out according to date of issue of the stamps, by country.
Extensive re-pricing of the following countries since the previous edition:
- Great Britain
- All Commonwealth and British Empire Countries for the period 1840-1970
- India and Indian States
- East Africa, including Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda
- Australia and Australian States
- Belize, Guyana and Trinidad & Tobago
- North East Africa, including Burundi, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Sudan
- Denmark and Norway, including Faroe Islands, Greenland and Iceland
- Middle East, including Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestinian Authority and Syria In addition, all new issues for all countries received since the previous edition are listed and priced.
The first Catalogue Supplement to this volume appeared in the September 2018 of Gibbons Stamp Monthly.