This all colour catalogue provides a straightforward, simplified listing of every British stamp from the Penny Black to Christmas 2016, with all commemorative designs illustrated for ease of use. With fully updated listing of the popular Post & Go stamps and a fully priced list of Royal Mail Philatelic, Numismatic and Medallic covers.
• Provides a straightforward simplified, richly illustrated listing of every Great Britain stamp from the famous Penny Black up to Christmas 2016.
• Your complete introduction to GB stamp collecting.
• All commemorative designs illustrated.
• A handy self-contained reference guide for the collector.
• A helpful introduction with advice on how to build a collection, choose an album and mount stamps, survey guide to philatelic accessories and the Stanley Gibbons numbering system.
• Stanley Gibbons prices are recognised everywhere as the standard guide to stamp values.
• Watermark and perforation differences included.
• Post Office year books, PHQ cards, postage dues, official stamps, commemorative and traffic light gutter pairs and much more.
• Design index for commemorative issues from 1953 to aid stamp identification.
• Quick-reference listing of all Prestige Stamp Booklets, 1969-2015.
• Regional stamps of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales included.
• Pre-postal independence issues of Isle of Man (1958-71), Guernsey (1941-69) and Jersey (1941-69), including the war time occupation issues of Guernsey and Jersey.
• First day covers for definitive's from 1936, regional's and all special issues listed and priced.
• Visible plate numbers on the Victorian issues are listed.
• Graphite lined and phosphor issues are included.
New for this edition:
• Post & Go listings extensively revised to take account of recent developments.
• Prices have been carefully reviewed and there are a significant number of increases to Machin and Post & Go issues, in particular.
• Complete listings of all 2016 issues.
DETAILED CONTENTS/COUNTRIES COVERED:
Apart from the stamps of Great Britain, the Collect British Stamps Catalogue also covers a number of other areas of interest:
• Great Britain, 1840–2016
• Regional Issues:
2. Northern Ireland
• Isle of Man, 1958–71
• Channel Islands
1. General Issue, 1948
2. Guernsey, 1941–69
3. Jersey, 1941–69
• Postage Due Stamps
• Royal Mail Postage Labels
• Official Stamps
• Post & Go Stamps
• Philatelic, Numismatic and Philatelic Medallic Covers issued by Royal Mail
• Quick-reference priced listing of Prestige Stamp Booklets