The catalogue contains up to date listings of the United Nations (New York), United Nations (Geneva) and United Nations (Vienna).
Also included are the International Organisations based in Switzerland, United Nations issues for Kosovo, East Timor and West New Guinea as well as the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation) stamps issued by France, International Court of Justice in The Hague and finally the Indian UN Indian Forces in Gaza and the Congo.Stanley Gibbons!
KEY SELLING FEATURES:
• First edition of this exciting new catalogue
• Colour illustrations throughout
• Updated new issues for United Nations (New York, Geneva and Vienna)
• Updated design index for United Nations (Vienna) to aid the collector in identifying and cataloguing their collection
• A new design index for United Nations (New York)
• Updated pricing throughout
DETAILED CONTENTS/COUNTRIES COVERED:
Stanley Gibbons United Nations Catalogue is the only catalogue published in English which covers the stamps issued on behalf of the United Nations in a single volume.
Information is provided at the beginning of each country covering history, early stamp issues and currency changes.
Major varieties including perforation, watermark and shade variations, overprint types and major errors are included.
Stamps listed upto:
United Nations (New York) - February 2010
United Nations (Geneva Headquarters) - February 2010
United Nations (Vienna Centre) - February 2010
UNESCO - December 2008
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing countries, the Stanley Gibbons United Nations Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest, including:
1. United Nations Kosovo
2. United Nations East Timor
3. United Nations West New Guinea
4. International Organisations based in Switzerland including:
• League of Nations
• International Labour Office
• International Bureau of Education
• World Health Organisation
• International Refugees Organisation
• World Meteorological Organisation
• Universal Postal Union
• United Nations
• International Telecommunications Union
• World Intellectual Property Organisation
• International Olympic Committee
5. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) stamps issued by France
6. Belgium Stamps issued on behalf of the United Nations (Brussels Exhibition issue)
7. International Court of Justice, The Hague
8. Indian United Nations Force in Gaza
9. Indian United Nations Force in Congo
New design index for the following country:
• United Nations (New York)