This is the only comprehensive, single-volume catalogue of the stamps of Russia, the ex-Russian states and Mongolia.
Here you will find listed all the stamps from the earliest issues of Russia, through the break-up in 1991 forming the Russian Federation and the separate countries.
All varieties are included, notably perforation, watermark and shade variations, overprint types and major errors.
The Stanley Gibbons Russia Catalogue also covers a number of other areas of interest, including: Russian Civil War Issues, Russian Post Offices Abroad, German Occuaption issues, Karelia, Nakhichevan Autonomous Region, Nagorno-Karabakh, North Ingermanland, Tuva and West Ukraine.
A detailed list of all the areas covered is given below.
KEY SELLING FEATURES:
• New edition, last published 6 years ago.
• Prices thoroughly revised throughout.
• Mongolia design index updated.
• A helpful guide included to aid the collector in using the catalogue.
• Contact details are provided for societies with in an interest in the stamps of Russia or the ex-Soviet states.
• Major varieties including perforation, watermark and shade variations, overprint type and major errors are included.
• Booklets are listed, and prices and notes are provided on Machine Labels.
• New design index for Lithuania.
• Cyrilic alphabet included for the first time.
DETAILED CONTENTS/COUNTRIES COVERED:
The Stanley Gibbons Russia Catalogue is the only catalogue published in English which covers all the stamp issues of Russia and the ex-Russian states in a single volume. It is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in any aspect of the history of the stamps of Russia.
Information is provided at the beginning of each country covering history, early stamp issues and currency changes.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing country, the Stanley Gibbons Russia Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest, including:
• Russian Civil War Issues, 1918-1920; North West Russia, Siberia, South Russia, Czechoslovak Army in Siberia, White Russia (Belorussia), Russian Refugees Post, Poland, Wenden, British Occupation, Finnish Occupation, German Occupation, Polish Consular Post in Odessa, Polish Military Post
• Finland: Russian Grand Duchy, 1809-1917
• Russian Post Offices in China
• Russian Post Offices in Crete
• Russian Post Offices in Egypt
• Russian Post Offices in Iran
• Russian Post Offices in the Turkish Empire
• Russian Occupation of North Korea
• Nakhichevan Autonomous Region
• German Occupation of Estonia (First World War)
• German Occupation of Estonia (Second World War)
• German Occupation of Lativa, 1941-1945
• Polish Occupation of Lithuania
• German Occupation of Lithuania, 1941
• Russian Occupation of Lithuania, 1919
• Lithuanian Occupation of Memel
• North Ingermanland
• West Ukraine (Eastern Galicia)
• Russian Occupation of West Ukraine
New issues have been updated to:
• Russia (September 2013)
• Armenia (October 2013)
• Azerbaijan (November 2013)
• Belarus (February 2014)
• Estonia (November 2013)
• Georgia (April 2013)
• Kazakhstan (August 2013)
• Kyrgyzstan (October 2013)
• Latvia (August 2013)
• Lithuania (November 2013)
• Moldova (October 2013)
• Tajikistan (July 2013)
• Turkmenistan (April 2013)
• Ukraine (2008)
• Uzbekistan (October 2012)
• Mongolia (October 2013)