This new edition of the Hong Kong catalogue, lists all stamps of the former British colony and the Special Administration Region of the People’s Republic of China, inaugurated on 1 July 1997.
Prices have been carefully revised to reflect the strong market for this area.
New issues are now listed up to April 2015.
KEY SELLING FEATURES:
• This edition of the Hong Kong Catalogue lists and prices all stamps, from the first stamps issued in 1862, to the level of detail familiar to the users of the British Commonwealth & Empire Stamps Catalogue
• Prices up to 1970 have been extracted from the British Commonwealth & Empire Stamps Catalogue 2016. Later issues have been extensively revised and updated specially for this edition
• Colour illustrations throughout
• Watermark varieties, shades, plate flaws, major errors, booklets, postal fiscals and postcard stamps are all included; There is a helpful guide to prices of stamps on cover up to 1945 and the Crowned Circle ‘Paid At’ handstamps, in use before the arrival of the first stamps, are listed and priced
• Listings are now complete to April 2015
• A design index is provided for all commemorative and pictorial stamps issued since 1935
• Prices have been extensively revised. Valuations for classic issues and errors and varieties have been marked up significantly in many cases
NEW FOR THIS EDITION
• There are new watermark varieties in King Edward VII and King George V The two shades of the 1946 King George VI $10 are now separately listed and there are over a dozen additions to the listings of British Post Offices in China
DETAILED CONTENTS/COUNTRIES COVERED:
The Stanley Gibbons Hong Kong Catalogue is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in the stamps of this area.
The Stanley Gibbons Hong Kong Catalogue covers a number of areas of interest including:
• Postage dues
• Postcard stamps
• Postal fiscals
• Stamp booklets
• Premium booklets
• Japanese Occupation of Hong Kong
• British Post Offices in China (Hong Kong stamps)
• British Post Offices in Japan (Hong Kong stamps)
Guidance is also given on valuing stamped covers prior to 1945.