This catalogue provides a comprehensive priced listing of the stamps of Australia, the Australian States, Australian Antarctic Territory, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Norfolk Island, as well as the pre-independence issues of Nauru and Papua New Guinea.
Listings up to 1970 are extracted from the 2016 Commonwealth and British Empire Stamps catalogue.
Later issues have been updated and priced for this edition.
KEY SELLING FEATURES:
• This best-selling catalogue is the most authoritative and up to date single volume listing of Australian stamps on the market.
• Includes Stanley Gibbons detailed listings of the increasingly popular ‘States’ stamps, recognised worldwide as the standard reference work.
• Fully priced listings of Booklets, Postage Dues and Official stamps, including the ‘OS’ perforated stamps of New Guinea, Papua and the Commonwealth of Australia. The Telegraph stamps of the Australian States are also now included.
• On-cover ‘multipliers’ are provided for all stamps to 1945
• Includes British Commonwealth Occupation Force (Japan), Australian Antarctic Territory, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Nauru (to 1968), New Guinea, Norfolk Island, Papua and Papua New Guinea (to 1975).
• Updated design index for Australia.
• Thousands of price changes since the previous edition, particularly in the Australian States, with increases also in the early stamps of the Commonwealth, officials, postage dues and errors and varieties. There are significant increases also to the ‘GRI’ overprints of New Guinea.
• Fully updated with Australia new issues listed to early 2014.
• NEW FOR THIS EDITION
The most significant development is the addition of a comprehensive listing of the stamps of German New Guinea, including prices for German stamps used in the colony between 1888 and 1897.
There are further improvements to Australian states and in the King George V period the 4½d. Multiple watermark without surcharge is given a full listing for the first time.
The opportunity has been taken to improve a number of illustrations and in Papua the ‘Thin “d”’ variety on the 2½d. Lakatoi is now illustrated and listed.
DETAILED CONTENTS/COUNTRIES COVERED:
The Stanley Gibbons Australia Catalogue is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in the stamps of this area.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing countries, the Stanley Gibbons Australia Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest:
• Australian States: New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia
• British Commonwealth Occupation Force (Japan)
• Australian Antarctic Territory
• Christmas Island
• Cocos (Keeling) Islands
• Nauru (1916-1966)
• German New Guinea (1888-1914)
• New Guinea (Australian Occupation, 1914-1923)
• New Guinea (Mandated Territory, 1925-1939)
• Norfolk Island
• Papua (British New Guinea, 1901-1941)
• Papua New Guinea (1952-1975)
New issues updated as follows:
• Australia – up dated to
• Australian Antarctic Territories -
• Christmas Island –
• Cocos (Keeling) Islands –
• Norfolk Island -