This world-leading simplified catalogue provides the perfect reference material for dealers and collectors alike.
It is easy to use with illustrated descriptions of all the world’s stamps with an accurate assessment of their current market values. This edition includes over 2,500 newly listed stamps.
• Thousands of stamps throughout Stamps of the World have been re-priced both mint and used
• Approximately 2,500 new stamps and 825 images added
• Straightforward easy-to-use listings, ideal for collectors who do not require more specialist information, such as watermark, perforation or shade changes
• Illustrated in colour throughout
• Universally recognised Stanley Gibbons numbering system
• Contents and full indexing
• A full listing of stamps of the world, including definitives, commemoratives, miniature sheets, postage dues, official stamps and other special purpose postage stamps
• With clear colour illustrations and the design of each stamp accurately identified, this is the perfect catalogue for the thematic (topical) collector
• All volumes published simultaneously for your convenience
DETAILED CONTENTS/COUNTRIES COVERED:
The Stamps of the World Simplified Catalogue lists commemoratives, definitives, air-mails, postage dues, official stamps and miniature sheets.
All stamps have the universally recognised and individual Stanley Gibbons (SG) catalogue number and are set out according to date of issue of the stamps, by country.
Extensive re-pricing of the following countries since the previous edition:
• Great Britain
• All Commonwealth and British Empire Countries for the period 1840-1970
• Abu Dhabi, Aden, Aden Protectorate States, Ajman, Bahrain, Dubai, Fujeira, Kuwait, Muscat, Oman, Qatar, Ras al Khaima, Saudi Arabia, Sharjah and Dependencies, South Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
• China, People’s Republic, Chinese Provinces, Hong Kong, Macao, Foreign PO’s in China and Taiwan
• French Colonies, French Post Offices Abroad, French Polynesia, French Southern and Antarctic Territories, Mayotte, New Caledonia, St. Pierre et Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna Islands
• Australia, Australian Antarctic Territory, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Island, Nauru, Norfolk Island, Papua New Guinea
• Falkland Islands, British Antarctic Territories, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
• British Indian Ocean Territories, Maldive Islands, Mauritius, Seychelles
• Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Turks & Caicos Islands
• Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Grenadines of Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Grenadines of St. Vincent
In addition, all new issues for all countries received since the previous edition are listed and priced.
The first Catalogue Supplement to this volume appeared in the September 2016 of Gibbons Stamp Monthly.