"An essential annual for GB collectors" - John Ainsley, Antiques Info
The bestselling Great Britain Concise catalogue provides full colour price listings for all mint and used Great Britain stamp issues from the 1840 Penny Black to March 2012.
Included are definitives, commemoratives, regionals, postage dues, official stamps and booklets. Information for the more specialist collector includes priced listings of specimens, booklets, selected plate and cylinder varieties, errors (including missing colours, missing embossing, imperforates and phosphor omitted varieties) and inverted watermarks. More ‘popular’ fields covered include prices for gutter pairs, first day covers, presentation packs, yearbooks, ‘Smilers’ and much else.
• Listings with prices for all GB stamps from 1840 to March 2012
• Covers all GB Definitives, Commemoratives, First Day Covers, Presentation Packs, Booklets and Smilers
• Also lists Errors, Varieties, Watermarks, Specimens, Officials and Regionals
• Prices for used and unused stamps
• 400 pages with Full colour illustrations
• Hundreds of price increases since last edition
There is a helpful introductory section, providing answers to many of the problems encountered by less experienced collectors, while additional help comes in the form of a full design index and diagrams showing the layout of Machin decimal booklet panes.
Prices are given for both unmounted and mounted mint stamps issued between 1887 and 1935 and on-cover prices are provided up to 1910. All are carefully checked each year to give an accurate easy-to-use guide to British stamps and their values, thus ensuring the continuing popularity of this widely used catalogue.
• Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Stamp Catalogue lists and prices all British stamps from 1840 to early 2012.
• Every different stamp design is illustrated in full colour.
• Listings include changes of watermark, perforation, shade and phosphor.
• First day covers, Royal Mail postage labels, Post Office (PHQ) Cards, presentation packs, booklets, postage dues, regionals, official stamps, postal fiscals and Post Office label sheets (Smilers) all listed and priced.
• Includes gutter pair prices.
• Gutter Pairs and “Traffic light” Gutter Pairs listed in mint sets.
• First Day Covers for Special Issues from 1924 and for King Edward VIII and King George VI definitives listed.
• Prestige Booklet panes and Regionals included for Queen Elizabeth II.
• All British Post Office special First Day of Issue postmarks are illustrated and priced on cover.
• Quick reference diagrams for listed Machin decimal booklet panes.
• Visible plate numbers listed for Victorian stamps.
• All basic stamps priced mint and used, with unmounted and mounted mint prices from 1887 to 1935 and on-cover prices from 1840 to 1911.
• Major errors and varieties including missing colours and perforation and watermark errors listed and priced.
• Helpful introductory section providing philatelic definitions and guidance for the collector.
• Booklet pane diagrams and indexes of commemorative designs and Machin definitives make this catalogue the perfect guide to British stamps and their values.
• Includes a Commemorative Design Index.
• Useful table of postage rates contemporary with NVIs.
• Inverted and sideways watermarks are listed and priced, as well as First Day Covers, presentation packs, FRAMAS, PHQ cards, ‘Smiler’ sheets, errors – and a host of details.
• Includes simplified listings of specimen overprints.
• Includes the popular Post Office Label Sheets.
• Includes Post Office Yearbooks and Year Packs.
• Helpful introductory section providing definitions and guidance for the collector and including all watermark illustrations shown together to assist identification.
• Recently discovered errors and new items now listed.
• Post & Go stamps fully listed.